Flu Immunisation 2020/21
** THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS ALL PROVISIONAL AND SUBJECT TO CONFIRMATION **
The high demand for flu vaccinations is expected to be unprecedented this autumn, especially with the Government extending the eligible cohorts of patients, and the surgery is very busy planning on how best to meet this demand. The importance of a seasonal flu vaccination cannot be underestimated and even more so given current circumstances. As of the time of writing you are entitled to a free flu jab if you fit into one of the following groups:
- Aged 65 and over
- Aged between 6 months – 65 years of age and in a clinical risk group
- All pregnant women • Those is long-stay residential care homes or other long-stay facilities
- Frontline health and social care workers
- Children age 2-10 (school age children given at school)
- Those who are the main carer of an older or disabled person
- Shielded Patients and those in the same household
In addition the government will be making stocks of the seasonal flu vaccine available to those aged between 50 and 65 years not in an at risk group from November onwards.
If you are unsure about your eligibility please check: www.nhs.uk/flu-influenza-vaccine.
We are planning changes to our usual drop in ‘Flu Saturdays’ which are provisionally scheduled in October although dates/times are yet to be confirmed. Please note the following:
- The clinics will be held at the John of Gaunt Academy School, Priory Road, Hungerford, RG17 0AN and our sincere thanks to the Mr Hawthorne, Head Teacher and his team for helping to arrange this.
- The clinics will run with pre-booked appointments only order to help us manage the numbers attending at any one time and to observe the social distancing, track and trace and infection control regulations.
- Appointment times will be sent out to patients in due course and as soon as details have been finalised
- At our Saturday clinics we will only be vaccinating patients aged 12 and over.
- Please wear a mask / face covering when attending the clinic.
DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN APPOINTMENT
If you are registered disabled, have restricted mobility or are high risk (shielded). The surgery will be making alternative provisions to administer your flu vaccine. You will be contacted in due course with more information.
Check our website and Facebook page regularly for updates and ensure we have updated contact details for you and your family including a mobile number and email if possible.