Patient Participation Group
What is the PPG?
The Falkland Surgery has a Patient Participation Group made up of a number of patients who have volunteered to join the group along with the Practice Manager and Deputy Manager.
The PPG aims to support the practice in improving patient care. It does this by:
- Representing the views of patients regarding the work of our surgery
- Seeking ways to help improve the quality of services offered by our surgery
- Fundraising for specific items to benefit patient care
- Improving two-way communications between patients and surgery staff
- Liaison with other patient groups to share good practice
- Organising presentations on health topics
The PPG has been running for over 15 years. The PPG meets at the Falkland Surgery 6 times a year, currently on Monday afternoons.
Donations to the PPG are always welcome to supplement our fundraising and allow us to purchase items to benefit patient care. Purchases in the last year include two electric examination couches, a ceiling mounted examination light and twenty automatic blood pressure monitors. Completing a Gift Aid form (available on this site) increases the value of your donation by 25%.
Contact us via the practice, or post a note in our dedicated post box by the reception desk.
Would you like to join the Falkland Surgery Patient Participation Group?
- Are you interested in seeing how your surgery is run?
- Do you feel you can contribute and help improve your local health service?
- What changes would you like to see made?
- How can we improve to help you?
- Do you want to volunteer yourself to represent patient views?
Contact the practice for more information, or complete the online registration form.
Our next PPG meeting will be held on 9th May 2022 at 19:00 via Zoom. Please view more information and the Agenda for this meeting.
GP Patient Survey
The results of the GP Patient Survey 2019 are now available – read more
Spring 2022 PPG Newsletter
Our spring 2022 newsletter is now available to view: Falkland Surgery Spring 2022 Newsletter.