It is important that we know if you are a carer so that we can make sure you receive information, services and the help that is available.
- Do you look after someone who is sick, disabled or elderly/frail?
- Would they struggle to live in their home without your help?
- Are they a parent, child, partner, relative, friend or neighbour?
- Are you – or is someone you know providing much-needed care for a loved one?
- Are you unpaid and acting voluntarily?
- Are you juggling work alongside your caring role?
If so, you are a carer and we would like to support you.
- We can provide you with up to date information on available support to make things easier.
- We can put you in touch with the READING & WEST BERKSHIRE CARERS HUB who support carers on a day to day basis in a huge variety of ways, personal to your circumstances.
- As a carer you will be invited for an annual flu vaccination at the surgery.
- As a carer your health and well being is very important and you will be invited for a health check (if you haven’t had one in the last five years).
Reading & West Berkshire Carer’s Hub Newsletter
- March 2019
- November 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- June 2018
- February 2018
- Reading and West Berkshire Upcoming Support Groups
Caring can be extremely complicated. The maze of rights and entitlements can be complicated. Filling in paperwork can be complicated. Getting a break can be complicated. Our feelings about caring can certainly be complicated.
Carers UK are here to make sure that no matter how complicated your query or your experience, you don’t have to care alone.
Their expert telephone advice and support service is here if you want to talk about caring. If you’re looking for answers, their online information and support is the best place to start.
Carers Trust provides a range of support and services which can be accessed via the Carers Hub – funded by Reading Borough Council, West Berkshire Council, North & West Reading CCG, South Reading CCG and Newbury & District CCG.
By contacting the Helpdesk on 0118 324 7333, you can speak to an experienced support worker who will provide a personalised service that meets your individual needs.
What kind of support and services do we provide?
The Reading & West Berkshire Carers Hub can offer:
- Information, advice and guidance
- Signposting to other organisations
- Short break accommodation
- Access to Carers support groups
- Free access to local leisure, health and well-being facilities
- ‘Carers Smart’ benefits and discounts
- Free training and caring support
- Access to Carers breaks
- Carers grants
- Peer support
Audio Described Performance at the Watermill
Audio Description paints a picture of what is happening on stage for audience members who are blind or partially sighted.
The audio describer uses the natural pauses in the action to deliver a live narration to the listener’s personal head-set (provided by The Watermill).
Before every AD performance at The Watermill, a free Touch Tour at 1pm gives guests the chance to explore the production’s set, costumes and props. Tickets are £29 (£27 concessions).
Thanks to generous support from Greenham Trust we may be able to help West Berkshire residents with their travel. Please email email@example.com